There are some people in the UK that qualify for some free assistance in affording eyecare services. If you’re eligible you can receive:
- Free NHS sight tests
- Vouchers to help with the cost of glasses
- Vouchers to help with the cost of contact lenses
Are You Entitled to a Free Sight Test from the NHS?
There are many individuals that don’t realise they can have free sight tests which includes:
- People aged under 16 years or under 19 if they are in education full time
- Anyone over 60
- You are registered blind or partially sighted
- There is glaucoma in your direct family and you are over 40 or you are at risk of or have glaucoma
- You have diabetes
- There are some benefits that will also allow you to have free eye tests too such as the Income Based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support or you are named on a valid tax credit exemption certificate.
Learn more about the help you can receive by visiting the NHS Eyecare entitlement page. Once you have had your eye test you can visit Glasses2You and order affordable prescription glasses and save money.